Thursday, September 18, 2014

Quilty Road Trip

 My friend Pam and I headed to Connecticut this week to drop off quilts for an upcoming show. If you are in the Northeast next week, don't miss Flights & Fantasies at the New England Air Museum. It runs all week, September 22-28. This is the only quilt show that my husband actually enjoys.

Of course, we had to stop at some quilt shops along the way! Our first stop was Quilting by the Yard in Vernon. I found the yardage in the clearance section for 50% off. They are not my style, but I need it for a secret gift project. The charm pack of Figurines was an impulse buy for me. We had to have lunch at Rein's Deli, conveniently located in the same plaza.


Our next stop was Sew Inspired in Simsbury. As soon as I walked in, I saw the huge display of Cotton & Steel and was blown away! I hadn't seen any of it in person yet, and it really wasn't appealing to me online. Boy, do I love it in person! Since I wanted it all, I picked through the fat quarter basket and restrained myself with only 11. The green Joel Dewberry doesn't go with them. I need that color for the wedding quilt.


 After a quick stop at Michael's for glue and hardware for an upcoming class, we arrived at Jackie's house. I ordered some Kona solids and black & white prints during the Canton Village Quilt Works sale last weekend. It was able to pick up my package and see Jackie's home-based business.


These bandanas arrived in the mail from The EGA Shop. I'm planning to make a pillow for Pete's bed with the red and black ones. They are 100% cotton, but fairly light. I might need to add interfacing to make the fabric more durable. The camo print might be made into key fobs.


That is just too much fabric coming in without any finished projects going out. I need to get busy!

4 comments:

rsb said...

Love Sew Inspired and QBTY!! Great shops!

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a fun trip and great shops. I always look for quilt shops along the way, can't resist.

Debbie

margaret said...

you certainly have had a good shop some lovely fabrics here

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

What a wonderful day! What can be better Friends, Fiber and Food!