Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chevron and On

 I forgot to show you a lap quilt I finished at the beginning of December. I had hoped to sell it at the craft fair, but it came back home with me. It might show up in my Etsy shop soon.

I started this quilt on July 1st, day one of Pat Sloan's Sew Every Day challenge. The top was done on July 4. It sat untouched for five months.

Don't you love Julia's Hobbit feet?

I quilted it simply and machine stitched the binding. The backing was a piece I picked up at Hobby Lobby in July. I'm not really a fan of the crinkly, post-washing look, but there it is.


Chevron and On
Started 7/1/13
Completed 12/5/13
Pattern found in the March/April 2013 issue of Quilty
Fabrics used: leftover layer cake squares of Meadowsweet and assorted solids
Finished size: 48" x 64"

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilt and I think the simple quilting is perfect for the design. I went down to westerly and Quits and more was gone?

Debbie

Lorna McMahon said...

It's a very sweet quilt. I love the bright happy colours and prints you used! Gotta say how much fun those slippers are, too!