Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mini Swap Day

 I may be a little late, but I'm shipping out my swap package today for the Schnitzel and boo mini swap. My partner's favorite designer is Anna Maria Horner, so I've added two fat quarters. (I may have kept some for myself!) I threw in the key fob, even though it matches nothing. Partner, you have my permission to regift it!


 I received this wonderful package from Renae on Saturday. Can you believe this is her first mini? Thank you, Renae!


Isn't the embroidery fantastic? She said on instagram that it is a design from Urban Threads. I will certainly put the Aurifil thread to good use!
 

We had a great weekend, relaxing and celebrating. Providence dedicated WaterFire to all Veterans on Saturday night. It was a spectacular and moving event.


On a much smaller scale, we always enjoy our town's Veterans' Day parade and ceremony. It was a little weird that our kids were not marching. We've had someone in the parade every year from 1999-2012. I talked to a lot of Marines this weekend. I'm so excited to be joining the family!


Pete's quilt is done! I'll show it to you tomorrow after it stops snowing!

3 comments:

giddy99 said...

What a fantastic photo of the water, etc!

Debbie said...

Love both the minis!

Deborah said...

Love your mini! Great little embroidery. So much charm!