Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quilt Show Wrap Up

 I forgot to show you the Ninnie Nines. I was really happy to have five completed quilts from our nine patch swap to display. Mine is the one hanging in the middle. Don't you love the Sister's Choice with black points on the bed?


Julia and I had some fun in the Westerly Armory museum. I pasted a picture of Pete's head onto this uniform and sent it to him with the note, "This will be us on December 13!"
 (Please say a quick prayer for Pete. He was diagnosed with pneumonia on Thursday, which is not uncommon in boot camp. He was on one day bed rest and 3 days light duty. He should be back to a full training schedule by now. It looks like he will be able to stay with his platoon and graduate as scheduled.)


Bob Harrison, Featherweight dealer/repairman and my machine quilter's husband, presented me with a Featherweight skeleton as my reward for winning best of show! It was part gag gift/part real gift. I was told I could trade it in for a working machine. I've wanted a FW since I met Bob at least 15 years ago. I told him this was the year, so he sweetened the deal!
 

Ellie Coffey, my friend and president of the guild, gave me this enormous, gorgeous bouquet!


It was great to have Bill and Julia there, but we missed Pete. When my kids were little, they used to come to the show wearing their Halloween costumes.


What goes up must come down. In just over an hour, the Armory was just an empty drill hall once again.
 

No, I did not trade in the gutless machine.  She is my major award!


I did finally buy a Featherweight! She was born in 1938 and she is so pretty!


It's time to start stitching and planning for the 2015 show!

6 comments:

sophie said...

Congrats on your new featherweight! Even before I read it was yours, your 9-patch quilt was my favorite in the group. I have some golden oldie 3" 9-patches from swaps that are waiting for me to decide what to make of them ... there are so many possibilities and your quilt design is now added to my list.

Unknown said...

Wow!! Congrats on BEST of Show... and your new featherweight! The quilting on your quilt is fantastic. Did you do the quilting? If not, who did it? It compliments the quilt just beautifully!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend! Best of show AND a featherweight! Hope you have a good week basking in the glow and exploring your new toy!

Janet Ann said...

Congratulations on Best of Show and so many more ribbons! All of your quilts were beautiful. Fabulous show! Enjoy your new Featherweight!

Cathy said...

Beautiful!! And congratulations again. Please tell Pete my prayers are with him.

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations on Best of Show! What a wonderful prize and something you will be able to create new quilts with.

Debbie