Friday, July 12, 2013

Sew Every Day 11

 Day 11: More stars. I finished piecing the remaining small stars and pieced together the center section. After I sew together the rows of small stars and measure, I'll calculate how wide the sashing needs to be around the center to make the rows fit. I don't think I've mentioned that the small stars finish at 6" and the squares in the Irish Chains finish at 1".


I have a few blocks left over that will either go on the back or become their own little quilt. I'm considering giving away the main quilt as a wedding gift, so the little quilt would be for me to keep. Someone Bill has worked with for over 20 years is getting married in August. I have no idea what colors they like, so I don't know how they'd feel about orange!
 

I've got a couple of appointments today and Bill has the day off (his first furlough day, thank you Congress. NOT!), so it will be tricky to carve out sewing time. But I'm determined to do it!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful stars and great to have 2 projects with them!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Terrific stars!