Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sew Every Day 10

 And now for something completely different. Imagine my surprise when I found a binder on my bookshelf with all these blocks and a baggie full of HSTs! In January 2010, I started working on the Star Crazy block of the month at the Quilt Channel. After the first three months, I forgot all about it!


Day 10 sewing: 1 full Irish Chain block, 8 half IC blocks,
 

and six more small stars made from the bag of HSTs. The portable design wall is leaning up against the back of the couch.


I have enough HSTs left to make 4 extra blocks, so I can move the colors around a bit. Here is my set up on the tiny design board next to my machine. It really does come in handy.
 

Looking forward to Day 11 after breakfast with a friend.

6 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

I love how you did something different with the centers of each of the stars! The colours are beautiful and the background fabric is perfect! Looking great so far and I can't wait to see the finished top!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Andra Gayle said...

those are gorgeous!

Gina said...

Lucky find!! I love star quilts and yours is beautiful!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so pretty! I love the pops of orange.

Kelleigh said...

Good for you for sticking to this for so long!! You are inspiring me

Cathy said...

I really like what you did with your discovery!