Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP Wednesday

 Hi there! I didn't intend for an entire week to go by without a post. Lots of good stuff is going on around here, but not much sewing. 

Finishes:
Julia and I took a class last weekend to make these cute Peek-a-Boo bags. Julia's is on the left, with the cute quahogs.


I used an orphan block on the back of my bag. It was one of the only blocks I made during Jackie's blogger's BOM last year in Fall 2011.  This post says I'm keeping up with the BOM. Ha! That was the last block I made. Month #2!


Last week, there were Boy Scout pillowcases; this week - Girl Scouts. I made one for the last remaining girl in my troop who earned the Gold Award and one for the top cookie seller in our area.



I made 10 giant tissue paper flowers for our Girl Scout Bridging ceremony. Each color represents a different line in the Girl Scout Law. We had older girls reading the script, and little girls placing the flowers in the umbrella stand "vase."


And now my job is done. After 14 years as a Girl Scout volunteer, that was my last event. I'm happy to be moving on, but I hope my Girl Scout friends will still invite me to lunch!


In Progress:
Julia finished a dozen more Old Italian blocks this week.


She's up to 20 blocks now. I was tempted to mix them all up to see how it will look, but I'll save that bit of fun for her.


In family news:
Pete went to his senior prom. He went with a bunch of friends (no date), so we had to pose him with Grandma.


His band played on Main Street during a 5K race. They were supposed to entertain the runners as they passed by, but by the time they got set up all the runners were gone. Oh, well. They played their whole set to the ice cream eaters and innocent bystanders instead.


We're gearing up for graduation. He bought a patch to attach to the top of his cap and I bought a lapel pin for his gown. He is one proud poolee!


After all this running around, I'll be happy to sit with a glass of iced tea and visit the WIP Wednesday goodies.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I still haven't made purses or anything with a zipper, time to learn. Still working on more crooked quilts, lol.

Debbie

Laura said...

I love the peek-a-boo bag Tina! I might have a go at this on the weekend!

Debbie said...

Super fun peek-a-boo bag!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I've never thought of shellfish as cute before :-) . I'll keep an eye out for that pattern.

Karen said...

Who was teaching the peak-a-boo bag. Is there a pattern available for purchase