Saturday, February 23, 2013

Really Random

 Pete is home from Nicaragua! His team had a fantastic time- everything we had hoped and more. He really didn't want to bother with a camera, but I convinced him at the last minute to pick up a disposable one. This is the best of his 24 shots. Spectacular!


 A man working at the hostel in Leon made this knotted necklace for me and wire rings for Julia. Pete really enjoyed talking to him as he worked.


 On Friday, I had the pleasure of taking a class with Cindy Needham. If you are not familiar with her work, spend some time browsing her website. Her work is absolutely stunning! Stay tuned for more on my project using my grandmother's linens.



I couldn't resist the colors of this grocery store bouquet. Check out the fluffy green thing in the front. It is a Green Trick Dianthus. Who knew?


This zig zag row will be shipped out to the February Modern Stash queen bee.


 I'm going to try to play along with Karen's BOM on Sew Many Ways. I don't have a great track record with BOM's, so we'll see how far I get.

I figure if I make them in the same fabrics that I started using for Jackie's BOM last year, I can combine them at the end. Of course, they are different sizes, so that will just add to the challenge of putting them together.





 It's time to start thinking ahead to our guild retreat next weekend. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Looove Pete's shot! wow. I bet he has alot to share!

Diane said...

Pete's picture is absolutely incredible! The necklace and rings are beautiful. Glad he is home safe and had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

Jane S. said...

Great photos! The panoramic picture is just lovely.

I can do micro-macrame but that necklace is waaaaay beyond me. Whew!