Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sewing with Karen

 Yesterday, I spent the day at Karen's house.  If you haven't visited Sew Many Ways, go now! Karen is an organizational master! I'm so lucky to know her and call her my friend.

sorry for all the blurry cell phone pics

For our first sew in, I decided to dig out the red and white charms from the swap Karen organized in June 2011.  I chose the setting last fall, inspired by this quilt.  The white with tiny red dots is a Moda from my LQS, and the solid red is Kona Chinese Red.


At Karen's house, I was able to get all the setting squares done and laid out the top on her dining room table. I forgot to bring a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth to roll it up in, so I had to stack the rows to bring home. I started sewing the rows together last night.
 

Karen was inspired to dig out some swap blocks of her own. These are Civil War reproduction signature blocks. I won't tell you how long they have been ripening in her stash!


We have a date next week to visit our friend Jackie at her Things with Wings quilt show!

2 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Sounds like a great day!!

Jenniffier said...

Sounds like fun. I would love to see more of her organization.