Thursday, September 27, 2012

Picture Perfect

 Here it is, Debbie! My Picture Perfect quilt is complete! Well, almost. I still need to add a label to the back. I'll use the Polaroid camera square that Debbie sent us as the center of the label.

I did some fairly simple straight line quilting, following the tilt of each block. I think it works.
 Here are some closeups of my favorite blocks.  If I didn't point it out, you might not have noticed that I made a mistake trimming up the blue seashell block.




For the back, I could have grabbed a yard of something from my stash, but while digging, I found a small pile of 8" novelty squares. I pieced them together too quickly, and flipped some upside down. Oh, well.


Details for posterity:
49 Polaroid blocks
35 swapped
14 kept for myself
Kona medium gray sashing
 28.5" square

Many thanks to Debbie from A Quilter's Table for organizing this fun swap! It really took off and I don't think she was prepared to be sorting and shipping out thousands of blocks!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh it's terrific, Tina! Good for you for pulling your blocks all together!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I've never seen this pattern before and I love it~! What a fun way to use charms.

Cindy said...

Love it! Especially Elvis.

Vixie said...

Hello!

I featured your awesome quilt on my blog: http://www.matinlapin.com/2012/11/my-favourite-things-this-week-56.html

Have a great day!
Vixie