Saturday, April 28, 2012

4x5 Bee Blocks

 I received the last 4x5 block this week. If you click on the photo, it will take you to Flickr where it is labeled with the makers of each block.  Thank you, Hive 11!  

4x5 blocks - 1st quarter 2012

Here are all the 4x5 blocks!  It's quite the delicious assortment of fabrics and patterns.  I think I like it set on point, so I can use all 18 blocks.  If I take out two of the blocks I made myself, I could set them straight, 4x4.  Or I could make two more and set them 4x5!  

I'm starting to audition fabrics for sashing and corners.  I think it will benefit from a unifying sashing in some solid.  More white?  Buttery yellow?  Contrasting spring green?  Bright pink or orange?  We'll see.
4x5 blocks

That block in the bottom right corner is one I made and now I don't like the dark border.  It will probably need to be switched to something lighter.  Once I start adding sashing, I will play with block placement.  I hate to add it to the WIP pile, but that's where it's going until I finish some other pieces.

Are you sewing today?  It is Sew Sew Saturday at Sew Many Ways!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You have some awesome blocks there! Very fun!!

Leanne said...

These look so nice together, it is so fun to see them turning into a quilt!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Your blocks are wonderful, I can't wait to see them joined together!