Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I had a fun quilty week! How about you?

Finish: I finished my mother's Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt in time for her birthday party! She really loves it and it has a place of honor at the foot of her bed. Blog reader Karen suggested the name Timeless Garden. Love it! Now I just have to make the label.


Blocks: These 4 string blocks are for the new Mini Scrap Basket Swap. What fun! I can't wait to dive into my modern scrap bin to make more.


I'm keeping up with the Blogger's BOM. You can see all the amazingly diverse color combinations in the Flickr group.


Enough stalling... I need to focus on the Wedding Ring full time until the top is done. I'm hoping to get that much done before Christmas. Pat will be ready to quilt it after the first of the year.

Now off you go...

10 comments:

ferne said...

So beautiful! I had a look at that wedding ring quilt and am awestruck...somehow I had missed that before. You make some pretty special quilts!

KellyS said...

Beautiful flower garden quilt! What a special gift! Love your strip blocks too. I really need to try this someday. Maybe on the Central Park I have coming today... Again, love that Wedding Ring quilt. Amazing!

Tanya said...

Those string blocks look so soft and sweet with your scraps. Very nice! And, good for you for doing a wedding ring quilt. I'm not sure if I am there yet, but one day....

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Lovely quilt. The string blocks do look like fun. I'll have to give them a try.

Jessica Kelly said...

The flower garden quilt is just beautiful! I can see why your grandmother loved it. Great blocks too!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Such a great name for your quilt! Love your blogger's BOM blocks - great colours!

The Thompsons said...

What an awesome gift! It looks beautiful! I already told ya on flickr, but I love your SBS blocks. Good job catching up.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Tina, Everything in this post is just wonderful...but my favorite photo is the one of your mother looking at the quilt you put together with the hexie flowers she had made. What a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. Hugs...

Marsha Cooper said...

A gorgeious gift for your grandma!
When I learned to make string blocks....she called them strip blocks. I even made a squidoo lens entitled how to make strip quilts. I need to update probably with the correct name.

Karen said...

I love your peak-a-boo bags. Am I able to contact 'Julia' to buy instructions if so can you tell me where you did the class.