Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quilt Show Favorites, Part 2

Viewer's Choice went to Jane Viglionese's Double Dutch Star. Hand quilted! Jane makes just one quilt a year and they are perfection! Her fabrics are just gorgeous.


I think Blooming 9-Patch might be my all-time favorite pattern. I need to try it with modern prints. (Tradition with a Twist by Blanche Young and Darlene Young-Stone) This quilt by Barbara Smith was made with all batiks (I think). It was quilted by Pat Harrison.
Woodland Clover by Rita Gladych caught my eye. I think this would be fun in modern prints, too. From More Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth. Quilted by Sharon Mayers.

I love these diagonal lines of cream solid that look like strings of pearls. Prue Holton loosely based this quilt on a photo in a magazine ad.

There were a couple of these table toppers in the show, because one of our members, Petie Sminkey, had taught a class at a LQS. This Halloween topper by Nancy Aneyci is really fun. I might need to ask Petie for a lesson.

One last show post tomorrow!

4 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I can see why the quilt won visitor's choice - it's stunning! You've shared some gorgeous quilts in this post but the blooming nine patch is my favourite!

Rosa said...

Beautiful quilts and the halloween topper is spectacular!!

Karen said...

The Lone Star quilt is a beauty.

Elisa Black said...

Oooh-- thanks for sharing!! Such wonderful quilts!! I missed part 1-- have to go check that out now. Thanks for sharing!