Saturday, October 15, 2011

Best of Show

Best of Show for the Ninigret Quilters 2011 goes to...

Winterberries on a Winter's Green by Pat Bruno!
(and a whole bunch of other ribbons, too!)


Pat's work is magnificent. Winterberries took a little trip to Houston last year and received an Honorable Mention in the Art Quilt - Naturescapes category.

Here are Pat's other be-ribboned landscapes!
(and one by a student)


The glorified 9-patch on yellow is a stunning piece by Pat Harrison. I'm baffled that it didn't win any ribbons. I love that piece.

As much as I love Winterberries, I think my new favorite is Winter Wonderland. I love how the sky glows behind the trees. Look at how the snow glistens!


I'll take you through these doors and into the show tomorrow!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Up until Thursday, I thought I was going to make it to the show. Nobody wants to make the drive with me. I am very sad, I would love to be there. So, I will be living vicariously through you... Take TONS of photos!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What great quilts - I could look at them all day!! Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to seeing more!!

Rosa said...

Such beautiful quilts,thanks for sharing!!Congratulations .