Monday, July 11, 2011

Lots o' Dots

Here's a fun new project that I'm calling Lots o' Dots!

I participated in Wendy's polka dot swap, and my batch of dots arrived on Saturday. Almost immediately, I started sorting, stacking, and playing. I decided to match up two prints and sew them into HSTs. I started sewing on Sunday, and just after I started trimming, the power went out, and didn't come back on until 6 hours later! (We were pathetic, with no sewing machines and computers!)


After trimming, I paired up the pairs to create a 4-patch block. It's a little busy with the blocks all up next to each other, so I might border each block with some solid sashing. Or maybe set them on point with solid setting triangles to make the whole thing much bigger. But that will have to wait a while. I have another priority this week.


Here are some of my favorites...







I'm linking to Sew Modern Monday. Polka dots are modern, right?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looove your range of dots. Yes, definitely your interpretation of polka dots are modern!!

Little Island Quilting said...

I love dots - what a great project!