Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday and a question

I haven't linked to Design Wall Monday in a long, long time, but I'm really liking what's up there right now. Lots of pink, orange & yellow! My colors of Summer 2011.

The two blocks on top are from Sandy and Megan for the Teeny Weeny Paper Piecing Bee. Aren't they great?

And the block on the bottom, Roads to Rome, is my test block for the 4X5 Modern Quilt Bee.


I have a question for you...
How long are your finger nails?

I ran my finger into the needle yesterday a couple of times before I figured out why. My nails are too long! I use my finger tips to guide fabric, and with my nails sticking out so far, I was catching them under the presser foot.

(My fingers look like claws in this photo!)

I was having a really hard time basting hexies, too. As I was turning corners and finger pressing, it just didn't feel right. OK, time for a trim.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your blocks are sew fun! I have short finger nails...mine are too brittle to ever grow long! Your's look gorgeous. I use a wooden stiletto to guide my fabric.

Vicki H. said...

I really love your blocks and they are such great summer colors. I keep my nails short because I don't like them long. I snag them on everything.

Annie said...

I have short nails. They would never be long enough to catch under the presser foot!