Friday, July 15, 2011

All Roads Lead to Rome

I took a little break from working on the wedding ring star. Shh. Don't tell the bride!

I wanted to test out a potential block for the 4 X 5 Modern Quilt Bee. The block is called Roads to Rome from Quilter's Cache. Pete saw a map of Rome recently and said, "Wow, all roads really do lead to Rome!"


The original pattern makes a 15" block, but I needed a 12" block, so I redrafted it and added the outside border. I wanted a block that was paper-pieced and had some flying geese. Bingo! I hope the girls in Hive 14 like it, too.


In other news...
Julia and Pete spent the past week at Jazz Camp at URI. There was an impressive concert this afternoon for the kids to show off their new skills. Julia sang beautifully and Pete totally rocks on drums! A great time was had by all!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

The block is beautiful. Great color choices!

Unknown said...

Well, if they don't like it, I'll take it... I love it!!

sophie said...

I love the colors/fabrics you put together for the Roads to Rome block. I think it would be fun to supersize that one (24 inches) and use it for a quick quilt or table topper.

Jodi said...

Fantastic block, Tina. I love those colors together! Nice that your kids are musicians!