Thursday, February 10, 2011

Solid Squares

Last night I gave a lecture to my quilt guild on Modern Quilting. It went really well, but I'm not sure if I turned any of the traditionalists over to the dark side!
(Sorry- no pictures!)

One of the quilts I put together for the lecture was an interpretation of Cherri House's City Green. I'm calling it Ten Squared. for now.
(It's ten by ten, all squares. Get it? If you can think of something better, do tell!)


I dug through my stash of solids and was drawn to the colors in my home: yellows, greens and a splash of orange! I wish I had a couple more greens. I used every bit of that milk chocolate brown.


I enjoyed the simplicity of the piecing and did most of it during the Super Bowl.
I did the quilting on Monday, after quilting a baby quilt, then quilted another lap quilt on Tuesday. Boy, are my shoulders sore!


I didn't want to add a bulky binding, so I made a facing. It was my first attempt at facing a quilt, so I googled and read a bunch of blog posts and tutorials. I think I like it, but now I need to figure out how to hang it.


With all solids on the front, I needed a funky print on the back!

2 comments:

chq said...

Hi Tina,

I love your version of City Green, the colors are wonderful! Would you believe that the fabric that you used for the back of your quilt is one of my favorite fabrics?

Good luck on your mission to convert some folks to the dark side :-)

Cherri

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I love that quilt. Very nice colors, and the 'milk' brown looks positively delicous!