Monday, August 23, 2010

Stripedy Fun!

When I was flipping though Anita Grossman Solomon's new book, Rotary Cutting Revolution, I really didn't think I liked the Xcentric Block. But when I was looking for fabric to make the Arrowhead block, I found this awesome stripe. What the heck. I'll give it a try.


I love these blocks! I quickly and easily made 4 cute little blocks. Of course, I didn't follow the directions to start with 8" squares. Mine were 4.5". What can I say. I'm a rebel! Four identical squares produce 2 Xcentric units and 2 Concentric units.

I couldn't stop at 4 blocks, so I kept cutting and pinning and sewing. Here's my 15" top!


I turned my first set of blocks into pincushions with vintage buttons.
CUTE!


While I'm cleaning up my sewing area, I'll be sure to look for more stripes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is adorable!! I love the stripe and the quilt!! Fantastic!!

floribunda said...

wow -- that little quilt top looks so complicated! I had to stare at it for a bit to figure out that it was just the stripes... wonder if I have any stripes in my stash?