Friday, August 20, 2010

Posy Needle Cases

I'm really happy that I finished these posy needle cases this morning, days before the deadline! One will be mailed to my swap partner tomorrow. The other is going to a guild friend who gave me a bag of selvedges at our last meeting.


The brighter case will go to my swap partner with the additional gifts of chocolate from a local shop and some fabric scraps. Her favorite things!

I used only Nancy's selvedges for the lining of her needle case (the purple one). The larger circle (Asian print) was from a large piece that still had a few inches of print attached. That print dictated the colors of her applique.


Speaking of applique, I used Erin's technique and it went really quickly. I need to get started with her Floribunda blocks. They are so gorgeous! Her tutorial for the needle cases is in two parts: here and here. If you'd like to see the other needle cases that are being swapped, visit the Flickr pool.

I tried grabbing my photos from Flickr, but I can't get it to work. If you use Flickr and Blogger, please drop me a comment and let me know how you do it. Thanks!

No comments: