Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jess & a Yard Sale & a Concert

Now that Jess has her quilt, I can tell you a little more about her and the blue and white quilt. Jess is a year older than Julia and lives across the street. She's a really nice girl, so I was always happy when she came over to play. She has two brothers and they all play hockey. I had never been to a hockey game until we went to see her play on the high school team (mostly boys).


Anyway, Jess received the Sacrament of Confirmation last night and I was her sponsor! I almost cried on our way up to the altar, but I held it together. I did cry last year when she asked me if I would be her sponsor. It is quite an honor, so I didn't hesitate to say yes. I started working on the quilt almost immediately after she asked me. Pulling fabrics (her favorite color is blue), thinking about the design, cutting, piecing.


When she came over on Wednesday, the quilt was on the back of the couch, waiting for binding! Did she have any idea it was for her? Nope. She was totally surprised. It was a blessed event and I was so happy to share it with her.


After our late night out, Julia and I were up bright and early for our troop yard sale today. The weather was perfect and we earned quite a bit of money for our trip to Savannah, Georgia. It was fun to talk to our customers about Girl Scouts and Juliette Low and Savannah. We got some hot tips on what to do and where to go.


Oh... and what about Pete's school band concert on Thursday? This may be the best photo I have of him drumming and it's his back! Gotta love the red Converse high tops with the tuxedo shirt! As a surprise finale, the 7th and 8th grade bands played Wipe Out, complete with a drum battle. (Pete won!) So much fun!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Tina

No comments: