Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring to Finish

What a great idea! Jacquie at Tall Grass Prairie Studios has offered some motivation to complete unfinished projects in April. If you haven't already noticed, I work well under pressure, especially with a deadline. Take a look at my list in the sidebar. Six completed projects by March 1, then nothing! That's an exaggeration. I did make 40 tea wallets, one ATC and a quilt top. But not even close to my level of productivity before March 1.

April will be the month to finish UFO's. Here's my list of active projects:
Blue & white lap quilt (gift at end of May)
3 red, white & blue tops to quilt for QOV
Easy Weave top to quilt
A Tisket, A Tasket*
Bears in the Farmhouse- finish border & quilt
Geese in the Forest- continue piecing
Janet's picnic quilt- machine quilt for her {{hugs!}}

*My plan is to make quarterly wallhangings. After I applique Feb & March, I'll combine them with the January block for a long, vertical hanging.

Julia's UFO is an adorable apron made with Kaffe Fasset fabrics. She and her boyfriend love to bake and they always make a huge mess. Soon, she can do it in style! She has inherited my procrastination gene. Instead of sewing, she started a crochet flower scarf last night. That apple has not fallen far from this tree!

I need to make 15 paper-pieced pins and an ATC by tomorrow night. I told you...deadline! And we have family coming for Easter, so I should be cleaning my house. First things first. Breakfast!

Love and Prayers to the people suffering in Italy.
Tina

P.S. The Red Sox opening day game was postponed until today. Go Sox! I'm wearing my Dustin Pedroia jersey today.

P.P.S I'm eating a bowl of new Banana Nut Cheerios. YUM! Tastes just like banana bread.

2 comments:

Lurline said...

Have a Happy Easter with your family, Tina! I join you in thoughts and prayers for those suffering in Italy - God bless!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

I know, sometimes all you need is a little motivation. Although, you seem to be a little more motivated than most. That is a terrific thing. I watched the Red Sox today and your boy Dustin made a terrific homer in the 1st inning! I was screaming GO DUSTIN, GO SOX!! I just love the games and am so happy the season has started. I think I might have to try me some of those Cheerios!